Dear Worth Junior High School Parents/Guardians,
I hope all of you are continuing to remain safe and healthy during this unique time. Since we left the building so abruptly in March and did not know at that time that the buildings would not reopen, students did not have the opportunity to gather and take home their belongings. We also did not have the chance to say, “Good-bye.” We have come up with a plan for our students to collect their personal belongings and to also say goodbye to their teachers.
All student belongings have been emptied from both their hallway and gym lockers and are in individually labeled boxes currently located in Worth Junior High School’s gym. You are invited to come to school with Worth Junior High School students in the car to pick up their boxes. Worth Junior High School teachers will carry boxes to the cars while saying hello to students and families at the same time. We have created a schedule of days and times for each grade level. If this day or time does not work for you, or if you do not want to come to school, we can make other arrangements.
Below are the scheduled dates and times for each grade level.
Day / Date
|6||Tuesday 5/26/2020||12:30 – 3:00 p.m.|
|7||Thursday 5/28/2020||12:30 – 3:00 p.m.|
|8||Friday 5/29/2020||12:30 – 3:00 p.m.|
IMPORTANT: We ask that cars pull up to the front of Worth Junior High School on New England Avenue in a single file line proceeding northbound using the traffic cones that will be set up as a guide.
When you pull up to the front of Worth Junior High School to pick up your child’s personal belongs, please follow the following procedures:
- Put a sign on the windshield with your child’s name.
- Please do not exit your vehicle. Worth Junior High School teachers will place your child(ren)’s items by the side of the car or in the trunk.
- If you have children in multiple grade levels, you may come multiple times, or you may pick up all boxes at once.
- 8th grade students are required to return Chromebooks and all other textbooks, library books, and classroom-issued books/materials on Friday, May 29th while picking up personal belongings.
- 6th and 7th grade students are required to return textbooks, library books, and classroom-issued books/materials on their designated pick-up days but not their Chromebooks. 6th and 7th grade students will be asked to return their Chromebooks at a later date.
- Carts/Tables will be placed on the sidewalk outside of school for students to put Chromebooks on along with crates for books and materials.
- During each grade level’s pick-up times, Worth Junior High School’s Student Council will also be sponsoring a Community Food Drive! We are asking for a donation of one non-perishable food item – any non-expired boxed or canned good (cereal, pasta, cans of soup or vegetables, etc.). If you bring a donation, there will be a designated location along the front of Worth Junior High School where you will be able to place your donation. This food drive will support Worth’s American Legion Post #991 which is supporting families in the Worth Community during the current national emergency.
Once your child picks up his/her belongings, we ask all cars to continue northbound toward 111th street when leaving Worth Junior High School’s campus. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (708) 671-3947. Thanks, and I hope you and your families continue to stay safe.
J. Zampillo, Ed.D./Worth Junior High School Principal