2020 Yearbook for WJH

WJH students are still able to order their 2020 Worth Junior High yearbook online. Please visit the TreeRing website and input the school passcode: 1015154435503615. The regular price is $14 and the deadline is April 13. Instructions to create two... (more)

Help Us Keep You Informed!

To add your cell phone number or email address to our emergency automated notification system, please email the following to help@worthschools.org: Student name Parent cell phone number Parent email address Any and all relevant news will be sent out through... (more)

From the Superintendent: Coronavirus School Closing Information

Dear Worth School District 127 Parents and Guardians, Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, Worth 127 School District is closing schools at the end of the day today. Tentatively, all schools will reopen on Monday, March 30. While Worth School District... (more)

Viruses & Hand Washing

With the recent concern about the coronavirus in the news, we would just like to quickly pass along this necessary and timely advice on hand washing, which is a good way to help prevent the spread of viruses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHISh559oho   (more)

8th Grade Graduation Date Announced

This year’s 8th grade graduation ceremony at Worth Junior High School will be held on Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7 p.m. More information regarding 8th grade graduation activities and fees will be sent home to 8th grade families this... (more)

From the Superintendent: Coronavirus Information

Dear District 127 Students, Families and Staff, In light of the global concerns about coronavirus, District 127 wants to share with you information that the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has published for schools throughout the state. The good... (more)

Worthridge February Photo Update

Wondering what we've been up to this year in Worthridge? Click the gallery to see some of our favorite activities so far this year!   (more)

Kindergarten Registration for 2020-21

Starting on February 18, Worth School District 127 will open registration to all incoming Kindergarteners for the next school year of 2020-21. All children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2020 are eligible to be registered by... (more)

WJH and WE Get Revamped Libraries

Over the two week winter break, some of the libraries at Worth District 127 got a bit warmer when they were revamped with new carpeting and new furniture. With the help of the custodians, Worth Elementary moved its library from... (more)

Worth 127 Moving Forward in 2020

On Monday, January 6, Worth School District teachers and staff kicked off 2020 with an engaging Staff Institute Day at Worth Junior High. Keynote speaker Janis Heigel challenged staff to help students to go beyond the "finding the correct answer"... (more)

Parent Letter for 5Essentials Survey

Dear Parent, Beginning December 10, students and teachers across Illinois will have an opportunity to participate in the eighth annual statewide Illinois 5Essentials Survey. This survey is designed to generate a detailed picture of the inner workings of your child’s... (more)

5Essentials Survey for 2019-2020

Worth School District 127 will join the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) in the eighth statewide survey of school climate and learning conditions. The survey provides a unique opportunity for students, teachers and parents to have a voice in... (more)

Colder Weather Has Arrived

Please make sure your child dresses warmly for the season. Double-check to make sure your child has a warm coat, hat, and gloves or mittens for when they are outside. Elementary students will continue to have recess outdoors unless the... (more)

To WJH Parents Regarding the 5Essential Survey

During the 2019-2020 school year, students, parents and teachers across Illinois have the opportunity to participate in the eighth annual statewide Illinois 5Essentials Survey. This survey is designed to generate a detailed picture of the inner workings of your child’s... (more)

Enchanted Backpack Visits Worth Elementary

Enchanted Backpack, a charitable organization serving under-resourced elementary and middle schools and child-focused organizations in the Chicagoland area, stopped by Worth Elementary last May. Their mobile van delivered donated a load full of school supplies, recess supplies such as games,... (more)

Elementary Cadet Bands Announced

Band Director Kelly Gansauer has announced the Cadet Bands for both of the elementary schools in the district. The Worthwoods Cadet Band is pictured above and the Worth Elementary Cadet Band is pictured below. Ms. Gansauer reports: "Our first after... (more)