Parent/Guardian Return to School Survey for 2020-21

Many significant decisions must be made for reopening Worth 127, and your input is important. Please answer the questions on the linked form regarding the start of the 2020-21 school year. As you respond to the questions, please note that... (more)

8th Grade Class of 2020 Memories Video

Congratulations to Worth Junior High School’s Class of 2020! As a final goodbye from the Worth Junior High School Community to our graduates, Ms. Deb Woods, Worth Junior High School’s Tech teacher and Yearbook moderator, has put together a video... (more)

8th Grade Virtual Graduation Ceremony

Happy graduation day to Worth Junior High School’s Class of 2020!   Worth Junior High School’s Virtual Graduation Ceremony will be available on the following link: https://youtu.be/52UIv6DvQ2U at 7:00 p.m. tonight!    Special thanks to Mr. Mike Walsh, Worth Junior... (more)

8th Grade Individual Awards Ceremony and Profile Presentation

Worth Junior High School’s 8th grade Individual Awards Ceremony followed up by the 8th Grade Student Profile Presentation will be released at the following link this evening, June 2nd, at 6:00 p.m.: https://youtu.be/UvNqP382t00 Congratulations to all of our 8th grade... (more)

8th Grade Goodbye Videos

The 8th grade goodbye video put together by Worth Junior High School’s staff for the members of this year’s Class of 2020 has been released for viewing.  In addition, a video tribute put together by Worth Junior High School’s 8th... (more)

Reverse Parade on Thursday, June 4

We are going to have a Reverse Parade to celebrate the end of the Covid-19 school year on Thursday, June 4 from 1:00 to 1:30 p.m. all alongside 112th Street. Teachers and staff from all Worth Schools will line up along... (more)

From the Superintendent: End of the Year Letter

Dear Parents and Guardians, Thank you for your continued patience and support as we work together as a community to keep everyone safe and finish the 2019/2020 school year on Friday, June 5. The entire Worth 127 Staff appreciates your... (more)

SWSRA’s Online Program Schedule

The South West Special Recreation Association (SWSRA) has a number of programs available for June that we would like to make you aware of, so please take a look at this information if you are interested. (more)

Timely Meaningful Consultation Meeting

On Thursday, May 28th at 10:00 AM, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, a meeting will be conducted by Worth School District 127 via Zoom.com. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss the districts’ plans for providing special... (more)

WJH Personal Belongings Pickup Schedule

Dear Worth Junior High School Parents/Guardians, I hope all of you are continuing to remain safe and healthy during this unique time. Since we left the building so abruptly in March and did not know at that time that the... (more)

Parent Survey – Remote Learning

In our new reality of Remote Learning, we would appreciate some parent input on how engaged we are keeping our students. Please complete the survey so we can determine if adjustments need to be made. If you are comfortable leaving... (more)

Class of 2020 Graduation Plans

Dear 8th Grade Parents/Guardians, I would like to start by expressing my genuine disappointment for you and the members of Worth Junior High School’s Class of 2020 for not being able to experience the traditional 8th grade end of the... (more)

8th Grade Graduation Pictures for 2020

Attention all 8th Grade Parents/Guardians, If you are interested in ordering graduation photos from Van Gogh, our school photography company, you can request the ticket code needed to access your child's picture on their website at https://vangoghphoto.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206381778-Ticket-Code. There, you will... (more)

WJH: A Message From Mrs. Pertile

Hello, Worth Junior High Rams. We have a special message for our WJH family from Mrs. Pertile. [video width="1280" height="720" mp4="http://www.worthschools.org/127/wp-content/uploads/WJH.mp4"][/video]   We are also including some phone numbers and websites below as mental health resources for your family. Suicide... (more)

2020 Yearbook for WJH

WJH students are still able to order their 2020 Worth Junior High yearbook online. Please visit the TreeRing website and input the school passcode: 1015154435503615. The regular price is $14 and the deadline is April 13. Instructions to create two... (more)

Help Us Keep You Informed!

To add your cell phone number or email address to our emergency automated notification system, please email the following to help@worthschools.org: Student name Parent cell phone number Parent email address Any and all relevant news will be sent out through... (more)

From the Superintendent: Coronavirus School Closing Information

Dear Worth School District 127 Parents and Guardians, Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, Worth 127 School District is closing schools at the end of the day today. Tentatively, all schools will reopen on Monday, March 30. While Worth School District... (more)

Viruses & Hand Washing

With the recent concern about the coronavirus in the news, we would just like to quickly pass along this necessary and timely advice on hand washing, which is a good way to help prevent the spread of viruses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHISh559oho   (more)

8th Grade Graduation Date Announced

This year’s 8th grade graduation ceremony at Worth Junior High School will be held on Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7 p.m. More information regarding 8th grade graduation activities and fees will be sent home to 8th grade families this... (more)

From the Superintendent: Coronavirus Information

Dear District 127 Students, Families and Staff, In light of the global concerns about coronavirus, District 127 wants to share with you information that the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has published for schools throughout the state. The good... (more)

WJH and WE Get Revamped Libraries

Over the two week winter break, some of the libraries at Worth District 127 got a bit warmer when they were revamped with new carpeting and new furniture. With the help of the custodians, Worth Elementary moved its library from... (more)

Parent Letter for 5Essentials Survey

Dear Parent, Beginning December 10, students and teachers across Illinois will have an opportunity to participate in the eighth annual statewide Illinois 5Essentials Survey. This survey is designed to generate a detailed picture of the inner workings of your child’s... (more)

5Essentials Survey for 2019-2020

Worth School District 127 will join the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) in the eighth statewide survey of school climate and learning conditions. The survey provides a unique opportunity for students, teachers and parents to have a voice in... (more)

To WJH Parents Regarding the 5Essential Survey

During the 2019-2020 school year, students, parents and teachers across Illinois have the opportunity to participate in the eighth annual statewide Illinois 5Essentials Survey. This survey is designed to generate a detailed picture of the inner workings of your child’s... (more)